Monday, June 9, 2014

The Jungle to be Conquered

     When I was first interviewed for this project I saw a landscape that had been forgotten in time.  Mother nature had it's way and it appeared no human hand had cared what happened to it as you can see from the pictures below.


View from the road in front of the house prior to work commencing




      






       

looking into the front yard from the road.  Where is the house?
When I spoke with the McClarren's I discovered they had recently bought the home and wanted to revive the landscape.  When I first laid eyes on the landscape I knew it would be a major undertaking, but I could immediately see the potential it possessed.  After walking through the landscape I decided it was a challenge I wanted to undertake.  I have never been one to turn away from a challenge and I decided this would not be the first. If I could make it through 17 years of the U.S. Army and two combat tours I could handle this. When I chose name for this blog I felt An Aggie Phoenix Project would be appropriate as I am a proud Aggie and the Phoenix rises from the ashes so to will this landscape. As I previously stated in this blog my responsibility would be to identify plants that would remain, those that would go, hire and manage labor, design the finished landscape, and install the landscape.  I am excited by the challenge and the potential ready or not here we go

1 comment:

  1. thanks Joey for the pics, can't wait to see how it turns out

    ReplyDelete