Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Planting first new plants

Well its been a long summer of cleaning out overgrowth, trees, installing irrigation systems, and spreading topsoil. It was a long, physically demanding summer.  I had originally hoped to install some new plants by summer's end but that plan would not be realized.  The shear amount of work required to get the yard to this point was more difficult than I anticipated going in.  Although the new plants never made it in as I had planned I was not going to let the summer end without planting something new. Although there would be no immediate gratification from this planting - spring should start out pretty.

This job is far from over. I am in process of designing the landscape utilizing landscape software, planning the propagation of most of the plants to be installed in spring, and designing a water feature and slate pathway that will be installed in spring. So for know thanks for checking out my progress, and come back in Spring as I will continue to document the make-over of this property until all of the planting is finished and the transformation is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment