Monday, November 17, 2014

Cutting in the English Edge


During the early part of the planning process
I discussed with Mrs. McClarren the possibility
of utilizing edging stone to surround the beds. I
gathered from the conversation with Mrs. McClarren
she didn't want to spend the money to edge so many beds.
I knew I had to find a way to give the beds a cleaner look
and provide a distinct transition from the lawn to the beds.
After a little research I discovered a technique called and
English edge which is a simple V type trench cut around the
outer border of the bed using a simple hand tool or edging
machine.











As you can see from this picture after the edge was cut into the bed there is a distinct and noticeable transition from the lawn to the bed.  By utilizing the English edge it will accomplish a couple of things a defined edge, and it will allow for drainage as well as keeping the future mulch in the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment